Developed for the Enrolled/Division 2 nurse who has found an area of passion and wants to extend this knowledge and skill within this specialty, including Palliative care, clients with disabilities and aged care. Enrolled Nurses play a vital role in the delivery of high quality nursing care. We will provide continued support for your professional development through the Advanced Diploma Nursing, in a flexible manner.
- Applicants must be currently working in Australia and hold current registration as an Enrolled Nurse without notation (Must be an Enrolled Nurse who can administer medications) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- Applicants must be currently employed within the specialty area nominated or be able to access workplace learning opportunities in the specialty area nominated.
- Students must have access to suitable facilities, equipment and resources that will allow them to complete their clinical assessments.
- Students unable to access a suitable *Assessor to complete clinical assessment can advise Grayclay that an assessor will be required during the application interview.
Course Duration And Study Commitment
- Full Time – 30 hours per week for 24 Weeks
- Part Time – 15 hours per week for 48 Weeks
Online theory delivery combined with practical skills that must be demonstrated as a worker with a relevant organisation. A minimum of at least 20 hours per week for online assessment is required plus 10 hours for completing research and assessments will be required to complete this course for full time students. Students must complete 10 units in total, 3 core and 7 electives.
Study Modes Available
- Online Study
- Workshops – to be conducted in workplace*
*Applicants must be currently employed within the specialty area nominated or be able to access workplace learning opportunities in the specialty area nominated.
- Online study
- On campus – 1 Short Street, Southport, Gold Coast
- 57 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- Practical – 1 Short Street, Southport, Gold Coast
- Placements – Undertaken in your current place of employment.
Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
This course is for Enrolled Nurses who wish to develop additional nursing knowledge, abilities and skills to enable them to work as an enrolled nurse in a range of clinical situations and challenges in their specialty areas of practice. Participants learn how to comprehensively assess clients and competently manage their care. The programs allow participants to develop research skills and apply these in the provision of client care. Participants choose one specialty area of nursing and health care in which to further develop skills and understanding. The specialty streams include Palliative Care, Disabilities and Aged Care
* Assessors must satisfy the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015/AQTF mandatory competency requirements for assessors and hold current registration as a Registered Nurse with the NMBA.
Further Learning Pathway
Studying the Advanced Diploma of Nursing enables you to formalise the knowledge and skills for the provision, coordination and management of specialised care. This includes: Palliative care; Disabilities; Aged care
Payment options available for all courses including extended payment plans.
(This covers electronic course materials does not include text books, online support, webinars, marking, RPL for medications and infection control if applicable and tutor support either online or telephone)
This is a Study Loans approved course. For more information on our payment options please click here
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness|
|HLTENN010||Apply a palliative approach in nursing practice|
|HLTENN033||Research and report on nursing trends and practice|
|HLTENN020||Conduct clinical assessments|
|HLTENN034||Contribute to the improvement of clinical practice|
|HLTENN029||Apply nursing practice in contemporary aged care settings|
|CHCAGE005||Provide support to people living with dementia|
|CHCDIS010||Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs|
|CHCCSM002||Implement case management practice|
- Students should have good English communication skills including reading, writing and talking – pre enrolment interviews will be conducted to assess Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
- Applicants should also have access to a computer and possess computer skills including being able to operate a personal computer and printer, create and manage basic files, navigate a learning management system, perform basic tasks such as word processing, sending and receiving emails with attachments, uploading and downloading documents and using web based search engines.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): For RPL enquiries please contact Student Support email@example.com
- You must be 18 years or older and provide proof of identity using Drivers License or 18+ card.
|Online courses commence at the beginning of every month.|
We limit enrolment numbers in order to ensure each student receives personal support with our instructors and most courses typically fill up prior to the commencement date.
Enquire now to find out if this course is right for your or apply online to secure your place today and avoid disappointment.